With the majority of employees, educators and students working remotely in response to the spread of COVID-19 here are a few handy tips and tricks to keep things on track.
- Get started with Hangouts Meet, the video meetings app included in G Suite. The app can be accessed using a regular browser, so no need to install any software. Hangouts Meet is easy to use and you can connect face-to-face with your team from anywhere. Check out our tips on Hangouts Meet and Chat to make the most of it.
- Keep your Calendar up to date. Since you’re not together in the office, it’s important to keep everyone up to date with your agenda. To begin, make sure to set your working hours so your colleagues will know when they can and can’t reach you. Here are some other tips to help you master Calendar.
- Set up an internal site. Create an intranet using your Drive files and the G Suite site builder Overdrive, without the need for IT help. This will keep everyone up to date with key information. You don’t need to recreate any documents or resources; if they are already in Google Drive, they will be automatically updated to the website as you make changes. Watch a quick tutorial here and follow this link to create your own site.
- Make ‘working from home’ work for you. Check this guide from Google on how to create a new routine and stay productive while working from home.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Finally, remember that adjusting to a new working environment takes time and this applies to everyone. Whenever your attention drifts towards a new activity such as checking Twitter or LinkedIn, ask yourself whether you would do the same thing in an office setting, the get back to work.