Refractiv has an impressive track record in the development of software applications and the design and development of software products. Our expertise includes web applications, components, e-commerce projects, databases and online security products.
We adopt formal methods such as Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) and take each assignment through a standard project lifestyle. This includes business analysis, feasibility and research studies, prototyping, specification, design, build, testing and documentation.
Through this project-managed approach, we ensure that costs are controlled and progress can be demonstrated at each stage in the process. We can also provide consultancy services in support of client projects, for example reviews and reports and assisting with preparing products for market.
We offer a comprehensive, tailored support contract for each development project.
Our programming skills include:
C++, C, Java, VB, ASP, XML, .NET
Our applications development expertise includes
- Developing an XML-based gateway to a worldwide travel organisation.
- Designing and developing a complex component providing web-based access to an airlines booking system.
- Outsourced research and development work for a global security product business.
- Replacing a complex spreadsheet-based questionnaire and analysis tool with a fully-featured web application.
- Enhancing and extending an application which supports field executives working in procurement.
- Developing an online system for the remote monitoring of business and domestic premises including text alerts, online reports and video and still images.
- Development work on a privacy browser.
Our clients include Information Security Forum, Swivel Secure, Expotel, Connect Yorkshire, Browzar and Adept4.
We migrated our software development from offshore to Refractiv. They were very adept at quickly coming up to speed and introduced first-class systems development policies and procedures. Within that framework, their technical experience is first rate. They have been an invaluable asset to Swivel.Fraser Thomas, CEO, Swivel Secure.