The security and privacy of user data is one of the most common topics of interest for those considering Google Apps for their business. With millions of businesses worldwide choosing Google Apps for Business as a solution it is clear that Google has placed great importance on privacy and security. Refractiv can assist you in evaluating any security or privacy concerns and can advise you on deployment options to optimise your security configuration.
Key Security and Privacy Points:
- Google Apps has been awarded an unqualified SAS70 Type II certification from an independent security auditor
- Your data will be stored across Google's network of data centers, eliminating any single point of failure
- You own your data, unauthorised parties cannot access it and Google employees will access your account data only when an administrator from your domain grants Google employees explicit permission to do so for troubleshooting purposes.
- Google does not share or reveal private user content such as email or personal information with third parties except as required by law, on request by a user or system administrator, or to protect their systems.
- Google adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Program.
Conclusion from the Google Apps Security Whitepaper:
"Google is committed to keeping the information stored on its computer systems safe and secure. Each of the ten components of Google’s multi-layered security strategy is endorsed and defended throughout the organization. Google Apps provides controls at each level of data storage, access, and transfer. Millions of organizations, including Google, run their businesses on Google Apps, and Google invests in that trust every day. With Google Apps, users can rest assured that Google values the privacy, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their data."